Font dependence, or typographical abuse, has been rebranded iLT, who knows a great deal about what is his own Addict’s Tale. Well, there is no cure if you follow the famous typo-designer, Erik Spiekermann, confessing that (as quoted by John D. Boardley of iLT):
I can’t explain it; I just like looking at type. I just get a total kick out of it. Other people look at bottles of wine or whatever, or, you know, girls’ bottoms. I just get kicks out of looking at type. It’s a little worrying, I must admit.
All you have to try is make fun of it and watch on.
You are really addicted that much?
– Read articles by Peter Biľak (from Typotheque).
– Roll on the blog of Erik Spiekermann.
– Enjoy the TypoWiki of Typophile.
– Watch Ellen Lupton‘s lecture at ESAD Personal Views (Escola Superior de Artes e Design in Matosinhos, Portugal). Oder Erik Spiekermann im Gespräch mit Walter Bohatsch (in German).
– Cry I Love Typography with John D. Bardley.
This post was first published by/on WebOL (under TypoGrapho thread, which is being upgraded CSS-wise). It is all the more valuable that it moves up here, stressing that Fonts & Encodings (From Advanced Typography to Unicode and Everything in Between) may be the best resource yet, written by Yannis Haralambous and published by O’Reilly Media.